Fly Tyer Forums

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues...

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32624

• tfulton
  • Gold Boarder
Way to go Rod, mine are not far behind.

~T
tfulton (Tom)
<'(((>< <'(((><

theartofthefly.com

The pursuit of excellence is as noble as it's achevement.
anon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodster

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32635

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
...and...once again the amazing letterbox produces a wonderful set of flies! Thank you, Tom--they're gorgeous!
fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32691

• Owlman
  • Gold Boarder
Casey, Just a word to tell you I put my flies in the mail today; you should receive them Saturday or Monday. Hope they help the ladies catch lots of fish.

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32693

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
boxes from Rod and Tom in the stack of mail that greeted this week's return from the slopes. thank you, gents! works of art from the heart, indeed.
fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rodster

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32694

You should have received a box from me FEB 22nd and 25th?
It's possible, since my ties are in high demand, that they may have been diverted to some exotic location unknown.
I'll check the tracking numbers tomorrow.
spent

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32701

Casey
Tracking shows flys were delivered to your address on 22 and 23 FEB.
Checked and I did use the correct addy.

9500 1101 9732 3050 4741 33
9500 1101 9732 3052 5234 33
spent

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32707

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
how terribly embarrassing! yes, Mr. S, your flies arrived last week! apparently i was dreaming when i thought i had posted that they had come in. i'm so sorry!

and yes, those overfed rainbows are going to love them!!

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32709

spent

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32757

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
owlman, your flies are here! the specialty Golden Retrievers are sure to tempt those overfed rainbows; they seem to like flashy pink stuff, contrary to what all the old fogeys try to tell us! your friend's ants are a education in themselves--visible, simple, durable; in short, just the ticket. (can't wait to try my share: i've been told a 9' 3wt is perfect for spring bluegills and so that rod i seldom use will find a niche at last. the ants will go really well on it!)

Thank you so much!

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32862

• walt
  • Gold Boarder

Flies are in the mail

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32864

• Bass_Bug
I'm trying to get mine wrapped up this week, and have them in the mail by Saturday or Monday.
Bass_Bug

email Bass_Bug ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32904

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
flies are here, walt! thanks so much. when we get the picture-putting-in-thingie fixed, look for your Pink Winged Caddis. you all just have to see these--they are simply a wonderful introduction to a "classic" fly pattern.

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32906

• Bass_Bug
Sorry Casey, I hoped to have had them out last Saturday, but didn't make it. I've got 42 of 56 tied so far (doing 4 sets of 14). Will have the tying done and in the mail Saturday for sure.
Bass_Bug

email Bass_Bug ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32924

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
Bass_Bug, hon, when do you have time to live life? between tying immense quantities of flies for the ladies and trouble shooting balky websites, and working...well, it amazes me what folks around here accomplish.

lately we've had a new mail carrier so the issue of sodden mail has been solved. now if he could only get to us before suppertime. what do you bet he's doing two routes? for a while we were afraid the PO had dropped Tuesdays from the delivery schedule.

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 5 months ago #32931

• Bass_Bug
I'm sorry Casey, did I misrepresent myself and imply I actually have time for a life?
Bass_Bug

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 4 months ago #32940

• Bass_Bug
Casey,

Here's the the final product. I went with the Pink-n-Purple theme with 2 sets of 14 spiders, and 2 sets of 14 Gurglers, all in size #6. Hope the ladies have fun with them. The spiders should have great movement, and the Gurglers should float high all day long. All making for great top water action.

The picture seemed to have bled out a bit of color. The spiders on the right look blue, but are really a deep purple
Bass_Bug

Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Bass_Bug.

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 4 months ago #32948

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
do any of you remember your parents helping you buy a birthday present for your friend and how jealous you felt of the friend when you actually had to part with it?

Bass_Bug, hon, i want some!! oh, yeah...i can tie my own. off to the desk!!

Rog, thanks so much for yet another wonderful collection of flies. they are simply perfect!!

BTW, the boardcode which makes my print big enough to read won't come up. anyone else notice this, or is it my own personal resident gremlin?

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 4 months ago #32949

• Bass_Bug
Casey,
You're using Firefox right? I am too and mine looks ok, but I recall we had a font size issue a couple of years ago. Is it every thing or just text in the posts? I'll go back thru old posts and see what I can find.

If anyone remembers what it was and finds it first please post.

By the way Casey, you're welcome for the CFR flies, and there's something extra in the package for you as a CFR volunteer.
Bass_Bug

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 4 months ago #32950

• CaseyP
  • Platinum Boarder
hmm...nope, it's still gone. no boardcode of any kind. just a row of smilies.

Re: Not-Swap 2013--Rule of 14 continues... 1 year, 3 months ago #33122

• walt
  • Gold Boarder
My wife and I met Casey and her husband for dinner last night. It was an anjoyable evening and I am glad to be able to tie flies for her casting for recovery folks.
Casey, when I get home I will try some gurglers on the back of a long shank hook and send them to you.

Walt
Moderators: Bass_Bug, NJTroutbum, DMac
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

FlyTyer Login

Login Information