Forums 

Fly Tyer Forums

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!!

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 6 months ago #32131

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
It looks like I am missing 2 addresses. If you are not on my list, please send me a PM with your mailing address.

M.Knox
A. Lawrence
R. Maddux
Jeffro
WMF
Walt
Abel
Gene Trump
Bighand

I do not have enough time to get the fly out to the above names, but I will get them out to you tomorrow. Fin...I do have a seaducer with your name on it. I will send it along with the double up.

Shawn

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 6 months ago #32137

I'm lost. Do we all need to now send a pattern to Armybrat? I have plenty of patterns so that's not a problem. ...just trying to determine the procedure.

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 6 months ago #32141

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
Gene Trump wrote:
I'm lost. Do we all need to now send a pattern to Armybrat? I have plenty of patterns so that's not a problem. ...just trying to determine the procedure.

Gene...I am sorry for making this as clear as mud. I have all of the flies, and most of the addresses needed to complete this swap. You can sit back and relax. I should be getting your package together tonight. I am sending you a few extra patterns that will hopefully assist you with your afternoon bass dilemma. If you can not catch bass with these flies in the afternoon, I will be expecting an invite so I can witness this for myself.

I have already sent a couple of the packages out. Bighand and Brat have packages in the mail. I have six envelopes with the Double Up pattern from Brat. They could not go out today because the post office would not accept my packaging. I need to reopen the envelopes and add a piece of paper to use as a buffer for the fly. The post lady was concerned the envelopes may tear if I did not add that extra piece of paper. Either way, I will get these out tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Shawn

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 6 months ago #32142

Okay, I get it.... finally. Growing old is a bitch.

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 6 months ago #32144

• FinLuver
  • Expert Boarder
Gene Trump wrote:
Okay, I get it.... finally. Growing old is a bitch.

Hey...knock that "growin' old" kinda talk off!!
Terry

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32165

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
I shipped out all of the remaining flies, except for one Double Up. I am waiting for that final mailing address.

Shawn

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32170

i have mine shawn thanks for hosting this swap
happy tying friends mike

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32211

• walt
  • Gold Boarder
The last fly arrived today and was worth the wait.

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32220

• Bass_Bug
I received the 'Double Up' today. Way cool AB!!!!
Bass_Bug

email Bass_Bug ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it )

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32223

• Bighand
  • Fresh Boarder
Last swap fly in the afternoon mail. Thanks for hosting the swap Shawn!

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32231

thanks b-b i took it from a fly encyclopedia i used 2 lb mono for the tying thread instead of a 6 or 8 /0 i find it holds up longer that way
happy tying friends mike

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32241

• jeffro
  • Platinum Boarder
Received Double up >>perty cool>>>Thanks yall for all the effort put out in this swap!!!

Re: Baitfish fly swap....Deadline January 7, 2013 1 year, 5 months ago #32266

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
I am officially calling this fly swap complete. Thanks to all the participants for making this swap a success. Who is going to start the next swap?

Regards

Shawn

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32269

Fingers crossed for a "Popper Swap"!

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32278

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
carlavatky wrote:
Fingers crossed for a "Popper Swap"!

Why don't you host it Carl. Go for it.

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32301

• Bighand
  • Fresh Boarder
I was wondering how long you have fished the pattern submitted? Plus what fish have you caught on this streamer?
Mine was just created Nov. 2012 to try on the Bighorn River. It was tied up with the idea to be able to cast a big fly with my 5 wt. This color really woke the trout up with me landing Browns and Rainbows. I tied on a royal blue and white one which lead to many more trout being landed. This fly color orange and black was just plan hot. A lot of trout blew up this fly, I was just unlucky in getting the hook set. I think a little to excited making my set to quick.
I plan on casting them at bass this spring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wmf1

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32322

• Shawn
  • Senior Boarder
I have been fishing the Polar Fibre minnow for many years. I was introduced to the material while on a trip to Singapore. The locals were using it to catch peacock bass. I brought a bunch of colors back to the states with me. I have caught LMB, SMB, bluegill, brown trout, cutthroat trout, crappie, rainbow trout. My "baby perch" is a trout killer. I tie a two inch yellow perch imitation that my buddy in Idaho just loves for big browns.

Shawn

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32324

I was wondering how long you have fished the pattern submitted? Plus what fish have you caught on this streamer?

Around here it seems like you'll find Bluegill in a bathtub if you let it stand long enough, so I thought I would tie a few up and try them. They did pretty well with the small mouth and surprisingly well with the trout in our local tail waters. After some research it appears that the tail waters are apparently very "bait fish poor" due to the presence of big Strippers and Walleye except for the hardy little gills!

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32325

• wmf1
  • Fresh Boarder
I fish have fished this for warm water fish for 3-4 years now. I did toss it for a while at one of the lakes in northern AZ with good success on browns and bows. I have good luck with it on Bass, some bigger panfish and the odd carp (they like white for some reason). I think that D. White mixed a couple of flies into one to get a streamer that covered a lot of bases. Simi Seal leach/ woolly bugger (he palmers some brown or girzz hackle on his)/ Muddler minnow. I make it a bit easier, and skip the hackle but have found fish eat it after a hard two strip and on he pause just fine.
Who said fish couldn't dance!

Re: Baitfish fly swap....COMPLETED Thank you!! 1 year, 5 months ago #32327

• Cold
  • Platinum Boarder
...the presence of big Strippers...

Yeah, I'd imagine that kind of area would have be an...interesting...place to fish...
dharmaofthedrift.blogspot.com

Fly Fishing. Fly Tying. Photography.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MookLawrence
Moderators: Bass_Bug, NJTroutbum, DMac
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

FlyTyer Login

Login Information